What a lovely Monday surprise: First Edition has gifted me with an I Love Your Blog award. So, now to follow the rest of the award rules:
1) Add the logo of the award to your blog
2) Add a link to the person who awarded it to you
3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs
4) Add links to those blogs on your blog
5) Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs
There are so many worthy nominees, but the following stand out:
1) Terry Stone-Western Romance. I adore Cowboy heroes and their Women of the West. Terry Jo does a magnificent job of introducing us to incredibly detailed bits of history that bring her stories alive, as well as wonderful books reviews. A not-to-be-missed site.
2) The Writer Side of Life. Lee McKenzie writes Harlequin American Romances, which are near and dear to my heart. She's a member of the Wet Noodle Possee, and her blog is a refreshing mix of yummy recipes and a peak into her beautiful Pacific Northwest home.
3) The Write Soul. Do yourself a favor; if you're a writer, run to this blog. Chiron O'Keefe's essays on what motivates and inspires a writer constantly amaze me. She is both insightful and delightfully down to earth.
4) Periodic Pearls Margaret Evans Porter's blog brings home a slice of New England heaven. She offers a look at her lakeside cabin, her beloved dogs, and her love of travel. Ah, to be in New Hampshire at Christmas...
5) Regency Ramble. Michele Ann Young writes both Regency romance and Westerns, and has been nominated for Foreword Magazine's Book of the Year award. Regency food, dress, occupation, and lifestyle are covered in her fascinating posts.
6) Being Bonnie Vanak I am obsessed with Egypt. Crazy, over the top, can't get enough of it, obsessed. I was THRILLED when I discovered Bonnie's Egyptian historicals (Dorchester), and then found myself hooked on her Nocturne line as well. In addition to writing can't-put-'em-down books, Bonnie works for an internation charity and spends a great deal of time trying to help those living a reality you and I cannot imagine. She's an all-around super gal. :)
7) Jennifer on Writing Jennifer Ashley/Allyson James/Ashley Gardner--whoever you know her as, you must have read her books. The woman is a writing dynamo, and she still finds the time to share the inner workings of the publishing world with us. Her motto on her blog is "I write, therefore I am." Words to live by.