Sunday, September 11, 2011

God Bless America

While the storm clouds gather far across the sea,
Let us swear allegiance to a land that's free,
Let us all be grateful for a land so fair,
As we raise our voices in a solemn prayer.

God bless America,
Land that I love.
Stand beside her, and guide her
Through the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans, white with foam
God bless America, My home sweet home
God bless America, My home sweet home
Take a moment today to Remember, to Honor, to Give Thanks, and to Share an Act of Kindness with a stranger.

1 comment:

Jeanine Byers said...

Oh that was very moving!! I was glued to remembrance shows that day and there were some very good ones.

On one show, they had snapshots of lots of the different headlines from the major papers during the first days they covered the story. One was a shot of the wreckage but also in the picture was a flag. The headline was Proof Through the Night.

Not only did I burst into tears when I saw it last month, but I am tearing up right now, just remembering it.

How interesting that you are a historical romance writer! I have been reading romance novels for decades. I have read some historical ones, but I have to say that I find it easier to watch them as movies (like the Love series on Hallmark) than to read them as books.

I have written some short stories and have always said that some day, I would write an actual romance novel, but so far, not so much :).

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting!

Jeanine