Monday, November 16, 2009

Still Writing?


Are you fingers cramped up from constant keyboard contact? Are you wearing that pencil right down to the nub? (And, irritatingly, the eraser as well?)

Well, here, you poor dears. Have a nice cup of hot apple cider and relax. Let your characters wander aimlessly while you enjoy a bit of nosh. It will be good for both of you.

Isn't this cup gorgeous?

Happy middle-of-November....and middle of Nano. While I don't actively participate, I hear great stories each year of all the success it brings. So go forth for the next two weeks (and the next two months, and the next two years) and write!

But first, finish your drink. :)

2 comments:

Terri Osburn said...

Hey there, Gillain! I am taking part in NaNo, but I'm so far behind now, the 50K is a pipe dream. Still, I've started something brand new that I'm enjoying and I have almost 15K words I didn't have 20 days ago. That's dang good for me.

I'm loving this experience and can very much see the attraction of trying every year. Though only if I was in a place where it was time to start something new. I think that's been the most fun for me.

Hope you're writing and enjoying it too! Thanks for the drink and that glass IS gorgeous.

Gillian Layne said...

Terri, how lovely to see you! Congratulations on the progress-- I agree, 15k in 20 days is excellent. I'm so glad Nano is working for you, or better yet,that you have shaped Nano to work for you. At your pace you should have lots of wonderful new words AND not be completely worn out. No use in writing hell-for-leather in November if you're so tired you hate to write come December.

I am most certainly writing, and having a great time. Thanks for stopping by! :)