Sunday, December 12, 2010

13 Days to Santa

Christmas Book of the Day: Tosca's Christmas by Matthew Sturgis. Christmas picture books are magical. This is one of my favorites.


Christmas gift of the day: The Writing Sets from Barnes and Noble. Just the perfect combination of practical and pretty. I love them all. 

The Writing Quote of the day: "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."
Mark Twain

6 comments:

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Thanks for the book recommendations. Oh, I loved the Yule Log post - way to go, kids! I always loved doing that when I taught French. I made it a family tradition at our house, too....every year I make 2 or 3 to serve all our family! Joyeux Noel! Linda

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting, I love your book of the day, recipe of the idea, some great things listed- I think I will try the hummus.

Gillian Layne said...

Linda, how I admire anyone who knows another language! Thanks for visiting.

Deanne, I hope you enjoy the hummus. :)

Carey said...

What a lovely and interesting blog you have. Thanks for the nice comments you left on my blog. I love childrens Christmas books and still have all of books I grew up with. I love reading them to my kids. Happy Holidays.
Carey

Dana and Daisy said...

Love the Mark Twain Quote! I have a mere acquaintance who always speaks highly of me in front of others and it just does something to make me feel like I need to be as good as she thinks I really am! ha ha!

Gillian Layne said...

Carey, there is nothing more relaxing than reading a picture book to a child. :)

Dana/Daisy, what a good friend you have!