Writing quote of the day: “Planning to write is not writing. Outlining, researching, talking to people about what you're doing, none of that is writing. Writing is writing.” E. L. Doctorow.
Christmas book of the day: Under the Mistletoe by Irene Brand and Anita Higman. Two heartwarming stories of Christmas past and present.
Christmas recipe of the day: Easy Toffee Bars
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) package saltine crackers
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat melt butter with brown sugar; bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Arrange crackers (salt side up) on a jelly roll pan. Pour butter mixture over crackers.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over crackers. Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Spread the melted chocolate, then sprinkle with nuts, coconut, or toffee pieces. Cool, break into smaller bits, and enjoy!